Welcome to Class 1
Meet Miss Townson, your class teacher, and take a look around your new classroom. Find out about some of the things you can in Class 1.
Help your child get ready for starting School
- Read to your child. Build a love for books.
- Support your child in being sociable and making friends.
- Show your child how to share their toys.
- Encourage your child to be kind to others.
- Being independent is important! Make sure they can put their own coat on.
- Encourage your child to be independent at meal times. Can they use a knife and fork?
- Being independent is important! Ensure your child can go to the toilet by themselves.
- Build a positive image of school. Take them to summer term induction visits.
- On their first day be excited for them, save the emotions for later (out of sight of your child).
- With your help your child will love school and learning.