Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools by the Government (See link below). It is allocated to children who are known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), Service Children and children who have been looked after continuously for more than 6 months (LAC). This includes pupil's eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years (known as Ever 6 FSM measure) as well as children who have been adopted or are under a special guardianship order.
It is up to the school to decide how the Premium is spent, as we are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils at school, and it is used to ensure that these children are supported in making good academic progress every school year.
We have high aspirations for all the children in our school community and believe that all children should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential whatever that might be.
We seek, as a school community, to give all children the tools to naviagate through life and we provide personalised learning opportunities and targeted support to allow every child to flourish.
Our priorities at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School are:
- To narrow the gap for those pupils not on track to achieve the expected standard
- To ensure early identification of additional needs and to promote early intervention programmes
- To ensure that there is extra adult support to facilitate emotional and social development
- To ensure that there is a clear partnership between home and school to support the children's development
This provision will include:
- Facilitating pupils’ access to education.
- Facilitating pupils’ access to the curriculum.
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities.
- Alternative support and intervention, arranged through a pupil’s parents, where funds are available after securing the school’s own programme.
- Provision of extra-curricular learning.
- Provision for more able pupils.
- Provision of counselling support as required
Decisions around spending are arrived at by:
- having regular pupil progress meetings and having discussions about support and what level.
- looking at SEN planning and review meetings
- discussions with parents and
- discussions with pupils about extra-curricular activities.
Our funding allocation is variable based on the number of pupils entitled.
We review and write our Pupil Premium Statement annually. Please find our current and previous statements below.